This site is collection of programs developed in a different time united by the idea to show
simple way of programming something that looks complicated up front. Here is the list of topics:
- Job Interview Club. List of tricky programmer's job interview questions.
- Static Arithmetic Coding. Provides theoretical explanation of arithmetic coding and several
fast encoders capable of managing large alphabets.
- Adaptive Arithmetic Coding. Shows several solutions and theoretical explanation for adaptive
coding, where each symbol is encoded differently depending on preceding context.
- Asymmetric Numeral Systems. New algorithm for the entropy coding implemented without multiplication
and division by only logical operations.
- Patented Image Compression. Clear explanation of one patent for image compression along with
- C# worker thread and GUI. Shows how to access GUI from worker thread in C#. Elementary example
- iROLZ data archiver. The example of data archiver. The program about 600 lines long capable to
compress data with ratio and performance near popular archivers: bzip2, WinRAR, BALZ, 7zip.
- Non-Huffman tree. Example or usage binary near optimal tree with special advantage. It provides
extremely fast update and can be used in adaptive entropy coding.
- Binary Coder. Explanation of binary arithmetic coder along with programming sample.
- Matrix factorization. Computationally effective procedure for matrix
factorization, which supports
cases with not all elements known and even cases of multiple
given values for particular elements.
- Browser Link Interceptor. The tool that effectively captures and collects all links published
- Link Sorter. The tool that resorts the links in search engine result according to
semantic proximity for the given large text fragment.
- Semantic Search Art. Comparison analysis of eleven text clustering algorithms which are used in different
semantic search engines.
- Restricted Boltzmann Machines. Elementary explanation of contrastive divergence algorithm.
- Urysohn operator. Identification of dynamic systems modelled by Urysohn operator.
- Urysohn adaptive filter. New algorithm of adaptive filtering.
- Nonlinear adaptive filtering. Nonlinear adaptive filtering from the perspective of artificial intelligence.
- Kolmogorov-Arnold Model. Identification of Kolmogorov-Arnold representation.