This site is collection of programs developed in a different time united by the idea to show
simple way of programming something that looks complicated up front. Here is the list of topics:
- Job Interview Club. List of tricky programmer's job interview questions.
- Static Arithmetic Coding. Provides theoretical explanation of arithmetic coding and several
fast encoders capable of managing large alphabets.
- Adaptive Arithmetic Coding. Shows several solutions and theoretical explanation for adaptive
coding, where each symbol is encoded differently depending on preceding context.
- Asymmetric Numeral Systems. New algorithm for the entropy coding implemented without multiplication
and division by only logical operations.
- Elementary Web Server. Code for full functioning multi-threaded web server in C.
- OpenGL Interactive On-line. The template for web server that creates off-screen images in OpenGL,
reads them as pixel data, wraps them in PNG format and publishes in browsers. The images are created
concurrently in multi-threaded way.
- DCOM in C. Example of writing DCOM application in C, compact and short code.
- Screensaver Template. It can be used for designing customized screensaver. The Windows part is
completely separated and has not to be changed.
- Patented Image Compression. Clear explanation of one patent for image compression along with
- C# worker thread and GUI. Shows how to access GUI from worker thread in C#. Elementary example
- iROLZ data archiver. The example of data archiver. The program about 600 lines long capable to
compress data with ratio and performance near popular archivers: bzip2, WinRAR, BALZ, 7zip.
- Non-Huffman tree. Example or usage binary near optimal tree with special advantage. It provides
extremely fast update and can be used in adaptive entropy coding.
- Binary Coder. Explanation of binary arithmetic coder along with programming sample.
- Non-negative matrix factorization. Computationally effective procedure for non-negative matrix
factorization, which supports
cases with not all elements known and even cases where a particular cell has multiple
- Browser Link Interceptor. The tool that effectively captures and collects all links published
- Link Sorter. The tool that resorts the links in search engine result according to
semantic proximity for the given large text fragment.
- Semantic Search Art. Comparison analysis of eleven text clustering algorithms which are used in different
semantic search engines.